niedziela, 25 kwietnia 2010

15.MANAGING PERFORMANCE

Improving performance of employee is the Best way to improve overall performance of organisation. That is why constant feedback should be delivered to employees from their seniors. Recently I had an feedback with appraisal referred to first month of my employment in Pizza Express. I have been given complex feedback about my performance and approach to work. The manager was very happy about how I perform and gave me advice how to improve my skills. She said to me that only what I need to improve is the speed of delivering services. This type of consultation with a manager is very helpful, for allows to notice the most important matters which need to be considered and enhanced.

There was one person who I could call my mentor. It is one of my best friends. I met him when I was 13 years old and he was 25. Thanks to him I started my adventure and favourite hobby – keeping and breeding arachnids (spider, scorpions) and different insects and reptiles. He has changed my life completely. After I met him I fell in love with these creatures and some time after that he gave me my first spider – Brachypelma Albopilosum and taught all important matters, how to take care of it, how to breed and so forth . Since then I had tens of different species of spiders, scorpions, praying mantises, even ants, cockroaches and lizards. Today I am really glad that I met him. He made my life more interesting and odd. Thanks to him I gathered high level of knowledge about these animals and had great experience in my life.

MY FIRST SPIDER [IT TOOK 3 YEARS TO GROWN IT UP TO THIS SIZE]


ONE OF SCORPIONS I ALSO GROWN UP MYSELF


Good and effective mentor should have some particular characteristics. He/she must be experienced. This is essential factor, for all gathered knowledge will be passed on to trainees. Good communication and listening skills are vital to communicate successfully. Kind temper and sensitive approach to people would be very helpful to built friendly relationship between mentor and trainee. He/she should have ability to encourage trainee to figure out a solution rather than telling directly what the solution is.


RFERENCES

Times (2008) Entrepreneurs: a mentor can tune your skills [online]. Available from: http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/entrepreneur/article3778514.ece
[Accessed 2 May 2010].

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz